Skip to main content

God's Timing

Happy Friday friends It's time for Friends with Flair over at the Unity blog :)  I got an early birthday present from my hubby new ink yay :)  I was never really a fan of distress inks  I bought them before and ended up  giving them away as I could not get into them. I decided I would  give them another try and this time around I LOVE them :) I think the trick is learning how to use them. I was using them too much like regular ink and that turned out too messy for me. I love how you can create your own backgrounds with them and the colours stay so vibrant.


 I used 3 different Unity stamps on this card. I love this sentiment God's timing is perfect it is something I need to be reminded of. It worked perfectly with the butterfly and script stamps and makes a really nice encouragement card. I love the faith stamps available at Unity they are so unique.

 I stamped the the sentiment and script stamp with versamark ink then used white embossing powder and heat set it. I created the background using the blending tool and distress inks. The ink naturally resists the embossing if there is any ink left on top of the stamped area you can wipe it with a paper towel. I spritzed the card with some water and dried it with my heat tool to set the watermarks in place. I stamped the butterfly with distress ink and watered it down with a damp brush to take some of the colour out. I then cut it out and added some rhinestones.  I punched tiny butterflies and sprinkled them around the card. I love how the colours stay really bright against the white embossing.


Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog :) 


~ Supplies ~
Unity Stamp Company  - God's Timing
Unity Stamp Company - Here Today, Here Tomorrow
Unity Stamp Company - Key to my Heart
Tim Holtz  Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Peacock Feathers
Martha Stewart - 3 in 1 Butterfly Punch
VersaMark Ink
White Embossing Powder

Comments

  1. Just beautiful Mandi. Love the color combo. Thanks for giving me some hope to be able to master the use of distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the Show & Tell page, Mandi…so gorgeous! Love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful\
    xxx
    Riette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so so gorgeous!!! *swoon*!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing card. I love the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. REALLY love the great colors and the way you made this card! You should make a video of how you did it... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE this card... wonderful colors

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely and enjoy your new inks they're so versatile you'll be playing with them always now promise

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning. Your background is amazing in this style and colors. Really nice work Mandi.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card love the butterfly and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! The embossing looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card design. Love the sentiment used.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the blended and splochy background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I Love your card and i put the God's timing stamp IN MY CART!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty colors and I like all the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards. I loved each and every one.TFS

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Craft Stamper November Challenge

Hey Friends Welcome to a new  Craft Stamper  challenge for November. Can you believe we are almost at the end of the year already!!  Where did time go?? It has been pretty cold and frosty up here in Scotland for the last few nights.   But I am hanging on to Autumn as long as I can. I took a wee walk around the park and collected some lovely Autumn leaves.  I wanted to incorporate them into my project today.  I put the leaves in some paper and put them inside a heavy book overnight to press them down.  I started off with a white card base and used this sentiment stamp from Unity and repeat stamped all down the side of my card using Potting Soil Archival Ink. Then I went around the edges with Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink.  Next I took my leaves and my paper punches and punched a heart shape out from the yellow leaf and then stuck it to my card with fabric glue.  Then I punched some hearts from the red leaves and put one inside t

Unity & Misti Blog Hop

Hello My lovelies :) Welcome to the Unity and Misti blog hop! I  hope you are enjoying seeing all of the projects so far. I just had my first wee play with the Misti tool the other day. It is a very new to me tool and wow do I LOVE it!! It is awesome! Just for the simplest of things like positioning a stamp.  One time is all you need with the Misti!! I am not one of those crafters that gets my stamped images crisp first time. I usually have wasted a card or two before I end up with a perfect image. This tool totally eliminates all of that.  Here is my very first card that I made with the Misti tool and Unity stamps.  I used a stamp called  Scattered Pieces . I LOVE this stamp and the sentiments that come with it.  I positioned the feather and the sentiment at the same time on the Misti.  I totally love that you can do that too!  It lets you stamp several at once instead of just eye balling it and hoping it works out!

Weeds N Wishes GIU Day 1

Hello Friends Welcome to my first day of my first ever GIU week yay!! I am super excited to be showing you my creations this week with the wonderful Unity stamps :)  I only found out last week I would be the GIU girl this week. I had to switch out my Dec date as I will be in Scotland another yay :) I have two cards for you today with this new stamp set from Unity. I absolutely LOVE dandelions. So when I saw this set I just had to have it. It is called Wish With Your Heart and it is on sale right now for $12 a bargain. I think today is the last day of the sale so if you like it go and grab it quick!! So for my first card I wanted to do another black and white card. I also wanted to use my black distress ink which I bought months ago and have never used. It is called Black Soot and funnily enough it gets everywhere just like the real black soot. I love getting messy with my distress inks and kind of expect a bit of a mess. But the black mixed with water gets EVE